Friday, June 22, 2018

June 22 Update

I've been doing great on exercise! I'm getting over 20,000 steps a day, playing some tennis with Storm, going on occasional bike rides, and doing yoga. Donna and I did Tai Chi for a few months, but we're not currently in any class for it. I am not drinking any alcohol this summer, which is saving me all those calories, but I'm still eating too much. I rarely go crazy and binge, but I'm eating too many desserts and chips and greasy meats to really lose weight. Starting now, I'm going to keep up with the same activity schedule, but cut back on calories and see if the extra pounds start to drop again (like last summer). Yesterday was my Fitbit anniversary, so it seems like an appropriate time to start obsessing over food in vs. calories burnt.

We've been busy with shows and events. I want to capture a few so I don't lose them by the end of year wrap-up:

ART: I have a drawing in a show called Bring Her Home, which was at All My Relations Arts, but is now traveling in northern MN. It is at Northwest Indian Community Development Center in Bemidji for a month, and then moves on to Gizhiigan Arts Incubator at the White Earth Nation. I was one of 5 artists on a panel discussing missing and murdered indigenous women before the AMRA show closed. I have three large drawings accepted for a show at Minnetonka Center for the Arts called Menagerie: Animals in Art. I'm planning to submit an application for Owamni Falling Water Festival, and submit art to the MN State Fair and the Mill City Museum call for art. I also applied for a huge Jerome Foundation Fellowship, but I won't hear about that one until next year. We've gone to Art-a-Whirl, Stone Arch Bridge Festival, MIA (frequently), the Walker, and Empty Bowl.

MUSIC: Donna and I saw Arlo Guthrie at the O'Shaughnessy. He never fails to deliver. Donna, Storm and I saw Faun Fables, Cheer Accident and Free Salamander Exhibit at the 7th Street Entry. Great show! Last night we went to Sondre Lerche at the Turf Club for an intimate solo show. It was amazing! We also met Sondre at the merch table after the show. Still have tickets to see The Posies and Julien Baker and Courtney Barnett.

THEATER: We saw great productions of Blithe Spirit and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the Guthrie. Next up is West Side Story.







No comments:

Post a Comment